Hello! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger so this is my post answering questions and asking a few too. Nominees will be listed at the end of this post!
Here are the Official Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
- Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- No tag-backs.
- You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
1) Last thing you think before you go to sleep?
I tend to think about a lot of things: what my plans are for the next day, what I’m going to wear, what food I’m craving and things I need to do.
2) What’s your favourite comfort food?
Apple pie with custard (especially if it’s homemade!)
3) Favourite book/film/TV show?
Book: As of right now, The Book Thief (Markus Zusak).
Film: The Lion King. I know it may be seen as childish but I can sit down and watch this any time, and yes the Hamlet storyline means I should probably be saying Hamlet but a meerkat and warthog doing the hula. Enough said.
TV show: Friends, because “a promise between friends means never having to give a reason.” And I recently bought a Central Perk t-shirt which has been my best decision already this year.
4) What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
I never really set out with an aim to this blog, it was always just a safe space where I could write down my thoughts and opinions. That led to book reviews and quotes and it has developed from there. I hope to be able to improve my writing techniques and to share with like-minded bloggers.
5) Is there a quote or phrase that resonates with you?
All of the quotes I post on my blog are relatable to me in some way, shape or form, however my memory sucks so I very rarely remember any of them fully.
6) Tea or coffee?
Tea! I feel like with the abundant number of cafes in Edinburgh I should drink coffee, but alas, it tastes bitter and horrible in my mouth. Tea without milk and no sugar, please.
7) Thing that never fails to make you smile?
Any Friends episode! One of my favourites is TOW The Embryos because “THAT’S NOT EVEN A WORD!” will always be funny.
8) 3 things you want to try and do this year?
Find a job (because I graduate from university in July and that is a scary thought).
Be more active in posting on my blog.
Leave the past in the past and find a future (this may be from a Simple Plan song, just maybe).
9) 3 words that you think other people use to describe you?
Sarcastic, shy and mature.
10) Favourite colour?
My 10 questions are:
- What was the reason for starting your blog?
- If you could pick one fictional character to be your friend, who would it be and why?
- What is the best prank you have ever played on someone else?
- Where is the best holiday destination you have been to?
- Are you a day person or a night owl?
- When was the last time a stranger did something genuinely nice for you?
- What is your favourite home cooked meal?
- Do you still see yourself blogging in a years time?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What is your favourite way to make someone’s day?