Train journeys always give me time to reflect and although travelling makes me physically tired, I am recharged mentally.
After some reflection I came up with a list of things that I truly give thanks for:-
- Arriving safely in Edinburgh with all my luggage! I have had a train journey in the past where my suitcase was stolen, so it always makes me very paranoid!
- All my references from university and previous jobs have cleared so I have a fuss-free start to my new job on Monday.
- Getting a job after my first interview. It has taken a little while to sink in but I know now that it really is a blessing and a fantastic opportunity.
- My granddad’s bravery in his battle against ill health. He will be undergoing keyhole surgery on Monday but he has not been experiencing any pain, and remains his usual happy self.
- The short 10 days that I had to relax at home before starting my new job. I caught up with friends and spent precious time with family.
- This good weather. Sunny days and warm nights!